Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Arbonne Protein Bars




"I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert."~Jason Love

Okay, so with this recipe, you can have "dessert"/snack AND have a good body! 

First off, I've gotta say I love snacking.  I seriously love *just* the right amount of sweet. I love a recipe that you can whip up in a matter of minutes, and most importantly, I love a snack that is loaded with protein and good ingredients! This is one snack I seriously can not get enough of, and I think you won't be able to either!

Let me first say that the best part about these no-bake protein bars is that they are made using Arbonne's chocolate and vanilla protein shakes. A little bit about Arbonne's protein: Arbonne's protein has no ingredients that cause inflammation, especially NO WHEY (not like others that are harsh on your digestive system), DAIRY, GLUTEN OR SOY. It has NO artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or dyes. It is Vegan Certified. This protein has a HIGH amino acid score of 100 which means that it is highly digestible and absorb-able. It is a yellow pea, brown rice and cranberry combined source of protein so it is very gentle on the digestive system while helping to create muscle and promote healing. I also use it in shakes as post recovery workout shake and as a meal replacer. 

Okay so on to the good part- the recipe! This is just the basic protein bar recipe that I make and take to my Arbonne parties for everyone to sample.

What You'll Need:
2 cups of Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
1 2/4 cups of Agave Nectar or Pure Honey
4 cups of Arbonne Chocolate Protein Powder (can mix chocolate and vanilla-my fav!)
2 1/2 cups of Oats (gluten free would be best)
9X16 inch pan

Instructions:
-In a bowl, mix the almond butter and honey. Microwave for about a minute, or until the mixture is smooth & easily stirred- try not to eat it all at this point ;)
-At this point you'll want to stir in your protein powder and dry, uncooked oats. It'll be pretty thick, but keep stirring! What you can do it at this point is add a little bit of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, coconut milk, or water to bring it to a better texture.
-Once all stirred and desired texture, press into the pan and make sure everything is smooth and even
-Refrigerate for an hour
-Take it out and just eat it with a fork.... or cut it into 24 individual servings :)

Here are the nutrition facts you and anyone you make these for can be wowed by:

Calories-190
PROTEIN- 20 WHOPPING GRAMS
Sodium- 86 mg
Fat-7 grams
Fiber- 5 grams
Carbs- 8 grams
Sugar- 10 grams

These would be good with some flax seeds, some added Arbonne's Essential Fiber Boost, or coconut. Feel free to add things that you and your family like :)

If you are dying to make these amazing protein bars and don't have Arbonne's protein, I'd love to help you with your order! All you need to do is let me know in the comment section.

Enjoy friends!

Maggie






No comments:

Post a Comment